Post Prom 2023 set for May 20 at the Racine County Fairgrounds
Racine Founder’s Rotary Club will continue its 70-year tradition of providing a safe celebration for graduating seniors with Post Prom 2023 “Met in the Mediterranean,” presented by Educator’s Credit Union, on Saturday, May 20 from 6 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. at the Racine County Fairgrounds. The theme for this formal indoor/outdoor gala-style event, was chosen by the senior representatives from the nine participating schools (Case, Horlick, Lutheran, Park, Prairie, R.E.A.L, St. Catherine’s, Union Grove and Walden III high schools).
“This is our third year the club will present Post Prom at the fairgrounds,” Rotary president Laura DeGroot said. “The kids really seemed to like it there, so we decided to return for another year to celebrate the graduates.”
Parents and other spectators are welcome to watch this year’s Rotary Post Prom Parade in person from the VIP Spectator Bleacher Seats. Visitors must enter off of Highway 11 and park in that south spectator-designated section of the parking lot only (see map on website). Bleacher tickets are available for $10 at rotarypostprom.com and are strongly suggested to be purchased in advance.
Municipal and county law enforcement has also stepped up to escort the motorcade to the fairgrounds. A small number of vehicles will be available to transport students back to Racine following the event, in emergency cases.
Attractions will include:
- Live red carpet TV coverage by MY24 (You can watch it LIVE on My24 Milwaukee or online at my24milwaukee.com)
- Motorcades from schools to the fairgrounds (visit rotarypostprom.com for motorcade schedule)
- Bleacher ticket sales for spectators (purchase in advance at rotarypostprom.com)
- A 360 photo experience presented by Educator’s Credit Union
- Massive indoor 1,700 square foot laser tag arena
- Custom-built indoor selfie museum
- Sports, virtual reality and other arcade-style games
- Inflatables, professional photographers, drone videographers
- Nightclub-style DJ on the red carpet and in the Rave Building
- Food and beverages
Tickets are only available at the participating schools and cost $50 per person (plus processing fees if applicable).
Racine Rotary Clubs have had a long and proud tradition of hosting Post Prom since 1953. It was established to provide a safe and fun environment for area graduating seniors following their respective school proms.This event is truly a Racine treasure that has grown to over 1,300 participants. The event is just one of the ways Rotary has strived to put “Service Above Self” and has been serving the Racine community for over 100 years.
For more information, email email@example.com or call (262) 822-3833.